Dear Family and Friends,
The newest addition to our family, Benjamin Tyler Thyng, arrived on March 29th. He weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Thank you all for your prayers for his safe arrival. Amyís sister, Jenny, came over from America to help out with Kate and Claire while Amy was in the hospital. However, Ben decided to make his grand entrance a little later than expected. He was five days overdue, and it was a really tough wait. Jenny scheduled to leave the country the Thursday after he was due, so we were very worried that the baby wouldnít come before she left. It was a very stressful time, and all we could do was simply trust the Lord. We are so thankful that He allowed Jenny to be here when Ben was born. She was such a huge help to us, and we also had a wonderful visit with her while we waited for Ben.
When Tyler was still with us, he really wanted to name his next brother, Ben, so we named Ben for Tyler. We gave him Tyler as his middle name so that he will always know how much he is loved by his big brother. As Ben grows older, we know that he will truly love being named after the best big brother ever. The two of them will have such fun together in Heaven someday.
Ben is doing well, and his big sisters just adore him. He has grown to a little over 9 pounds now and has started giving us a few precious smiles every day. Kate and Claire are just wonderful with him. Kate is like his second mommy. She loves to hold him, help change his diaper, give him his pacifier, help with his bath, and the list goes on and on! Claire loves to help burp him and also enjoys getting her diaper changed at the same time as him. The Lord has truly blessed us by giving us another child, and we just love having little Ben around.
We are still in Australia and are waiting for Benís PNG visa to head back home. Shortly after he was born, we made a trip down to Sydney to visit the U.S. Consulate to have Ben registered as a citizen and got his passport within a week. Our plans are to head back to PNG on May 3rd, but that may change if we donít get Benís PNG visa back in time. We are waiting on the Lord again.
We are really looking forward to going home and getting involved in our ministries again. Dan will be teaching a math class this term to our Pidgin and English students. The class will be a challenging one to teach because of the varying education levels of our students. Some have only completed second grade, while others have graduated from high school. He would really appreciate your prayers, as this is a very practical class for ministry preparation. We are also looking forward to getting busy again at Hosanna Baptist. There is much to be done before our home church comes in August for the construction of the pastorís house and church building.
Thanks so much for your continued love, prayers and support. We love you all.
Love, Dan, Amy, Tyler, Kate, Claire & Ben
P.S. The girls are really looking forward to heading home, especially Kate. All she talks about is getting home and seeing her cat, Max!
Additional Prayer Requests: Please pray forÖ
1. The organization of Hosanna Baptist Church.
2. The great need for additional missionaries with ABWE in PNG (Kerowagi in particular).
3. Planning and finances for the Johnston Chapel building team in August.
4. Daily strength for life without Tyler.
5. Our individual relationships with Jesus Christ.
6. Continued good health for Ben as we return to PNG.
7. Rachel Prigge as she continues to care for GBBC students during Amyís absence.
8. Supplies needed for medical shipment from US. Please contact us or visit our website if you are interested in helping!
9. 3rd and 4th year student practicals in local churches throughout PNG for term 2.
10. Remaining $15,000 (of $32,000) need for a John Deere tractor and equipment for GBBC food production and grounds maintenance.
11. Praise God for providing all the necessary funds for the new staff house. It will be built this year.
12. Praise God for His work in the hearts and lives of PNG teens at the ABWE Easter Camp. There were many decisions made for Jesus Christ.